MetLife Stadium Facts
Stadium in the New York Metropolitan Area
- The stadium is located in East Rutherford, New Jersey, New York.
- It is part of the MetLife Sports Complex.
- It is home of the New York Giants and New York Jets of the National Football League.
- It is the only stadium to be shared by two NFL teams.
- The new stadium is a 50/50 partnership between both teams.
- The stadium is owned by the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority.
- It actually opened as New Meadowlands Stadium on April 10, 2010.
- Insurance company MetLife acquired the naming rights for the stadium in 2011 in a 25-year deal.
- The stadium is constructed at a cost of $1.6 billion.
- It is the largest NFL stadium in terms of seating capacity. It is also the oldest NFL stadium.
- Super Bowl XLVIII was awarded to the stadium making it the first time a Super Bowl would be played in the New York metropolitan area, and the first time that a non-domed stadium in a cold-weather city would host it.
- It has 82,566 fan seats, including 10,005 club seats and approximately 218 luxury suites