Jeremy Lin Facts
American professional basketball player with the New York Knicks
- Jeremy Shu-How Lin is an American professional basketball player with the New York Knicks of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
- He was born August 23, 1988. An American by nationality, he attended his high school in Palo Alto.
- Lin is the first American player in the NBA to be of Chinese or of Taiwanese descent.
- On July 21, 2010, Lin signed a two-year deal with his hometown Golden State Warriors.
- Lin also signed a three-year guaranteed contract with Nike. His jersey was already on sale before his first NBA game.
- On December 12, 2011, Lin was claimed off waivers by the Houston Rockets.
- The New York Knicks claimed Lin off waivers on December 27 after an injury to guard Iman Shumpert.
- Lin had a career night on February 4, 2012, when he scored 25 points, grabbed 5 rebounds, and dished out 7 assists (against only 1 turnover) in a 99-92 Knicks victory over the Nets.
- In July 2011, Vivid Magazine, a glossy magazine dedicated to overseas Chinese around the world, named Lin one of its top eight influential Chinese-Americans.
- He is popular for the public expression of Christian faith.
- In February 2012, he was moved up to the starting lineup and has led a winning streak. This generated a global following known as Linsanity.