Distressing negative sensation induced by a perceived threat
- Fear is a universal emotion and all persons, consciously or unconsciously, have fear in some sort.
- Phobia is the Greek term for "fear" or "morbid fear".
- Fear can channel one’s energies away from areas of perceived threats and into directions that seem safe.
- US President Franklin Roosevelt never travelled on a 13th and refused to have a meal with 13 people at the table. Apparently the president had Triskaidekaphobia - fear of number 13!
- Great conqueror Napolean Bonaparte suffered from both Triskaidekaphobia (fear of number 13) and Ailurophobia (fear of cats).
- Priyanka Chopra and Dev Patel are 'arachnophobic', which means they are scared of spiders!
- For Kangna and Carmen Electra, it's 'hydrophobia'; the fear of water.
- Baywatch star Pamela Anderson is scared of mirrors! The phobia is called 'eisoptrophobia'.
- Jennifer Aniston suffers from aerophobia/aviatophobia, which means she is scared of flying.
- David Beckham suffers from ataxophobia - a fear of disorder.
- Tom Cruise suffers from phalacrophobia - the fear of going bald.
- The daring Kill Bill girl Uma Thurman is claustrophobic and has the fear of confined spaces.
- Actor Robert Pattinson has Equinophobia - the fear of horses.
- Madonna suffers from brontophobia, the fear of thunder.
- The fearless Captain Jack Sparrow is afraid of clowns! The phobia is called 'coulrophobia'.
- Nicole Kidman has Lepidopterphobia - the fear of butterflies.
- Keanu Reeves has scotophobia - the fear of darkness.
- Woody Allen has the sum of all fears. He is scared of cancer, insects, sunshine, dogs, deer, bright colors, children, heights, small rooms, crowds etc.